CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, May 23, 2009

American Idol

I very much enjoyed the last season of Idol. They let the contestants play their own instruments for the first time and it made it more fun. This year, I didn't get into it at all. I honestly didn't watch a single episode.

But not watching it doesn't mean you can evade the hype machine. So I am among the millions of people who are aware of the Adam Lambert Phenomenon. I picked up a copy of Entertainment Weekly in a waiting room somewhere, and he was on the cover.

And so, shockingly, the voters didn't pick him. They picked the clean-cut All American kid instead.

Since I love being late to the trend, after this was all over, I looked up Mr. Lambert on YouTube. So watch this clip.



I can only echo what someone wrote about him in Rolling Stone. This is Lady Stardust in the 21st century. The surprise is not that he didn't win, the surprise is the American Idol audience put him through as far as they did.

0 comments: