CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, August 8, 2008

New Favorite Bands

These are not my favorite new bands, because they have been around for a while. There is a long, possibly interesting, story here, but I first heard both of these band for the first time yesterday.

And I was blown completely away. So I am sharing them with you. There is an Imeem widget at the bottom of this post and I encourage you to grab your headphones and give the tracks I put together for you a listen.

The bands are - The Eagles of Death Metal and The Kings of Leon.

Shockingly, The Eagles of Death Metal are not a death metal band, they are more of a hardcore southern rock project. One of the founding was trying to turn the other one on to Death Metal, and he was playing a song he thought might be accessible to a new listener. So he described the band as being like the Eagles of Death Metal (in the sense that they were commercial and easy to listen to, like the Hotel California Eagles). So after thinking about that for a while, the two guys decided to write some songs that would belong to the Eagles of Death Metal. And here it is for you to enjoy.

The Kings of Leon are more famous, and I probably am showing how out of touch I am by yesterday being when I first heard them. They have a song that I think was on an IPOD commercial, because I recognized it.

Anyway, take the time to listen. Maybe it will change your life. I know it has changed mine.

New Stuff

1 comments:

L.A. said...

lol...well, I'm not really hearing "southern rock" in the Eagles of Death Metal (nor am I hearing Death Metal...lol) When I think "southern rock" I think Molly Hatchet, Lenard Skinnard, and a little Tom Petty. They sound like they have a lot of influences tho, I can hear some Eagles, a little bit of punk/ska, and a little bit of British bands.

I like the Kings of Leon. That's nice. It's kind of a throw back to all the good stuff (besides grunge) that came out of the early 90's before everything starting sounding the same.

;-)

lala@
http://by-la.com