CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, June 2, 2008

RIP - Bo Diddley

I only seem interested in things that I have some kind of personal connection to. Maybe because I am a completely self-absorbed gen-x spare.

You may ask, "who was he?" Well, he is the man who wrote these lyrics:
"I walked forty-seven miles of barbed wire,
I got a cobra snake for a necktie
I got a A brand new house on the road side,
and it's made out of rattlesnake hide
Got a band new chimney put on top, and it's a-made out of human skulls
Come on take a little walk with me baby, and tell me who do you love?"

Anyway, I saw Bo Diddley live in a small club in the 80's. This picture was probably taken around that time, because this is what I remember him looking like.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


He was the perfect example of someone who can just do one thing, but do it extraordinarily well. After about six songs, my buddy Tom Foote said to me, "are all his songs just the same?" After another six, we decided he only knew the one song, but it was damn good.

0 comments: