CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Begining

Everything has one. We can begin here.

I saw a Bob Marley tribute band the other day. It was really amazing to hear all of those songs I had known for so long in a live setting. Somehow it made almost like hearing them for the first time.

"Won't you help me sing,
these songs of freedom?"

It is interesting to look back at the beginning of your life from someplace close to the middle. Some things you thought were really significant were actually just nothing. Other things that you took for granted had real genius in them.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds."

All times are interesting, at least to the people who live them. I think these times are more interesting than others, and I am going to try to write some things. I know you are not supposed to talk about religion or politics in polite conversation, so we will see how that works out for me.

When I was younger, people (well, hippies actually) would sign off conversations with the single word "peace." By the late 70's, it was cool to mock them for this. Maybe that was because the war was over by then, and we were young and had really short memories. I think it would be nice to bring the word back in to common usage, but I would be surprised if that works out for me either. But I will try anyway.

Peace

0 comments: